5 of the Best Outdoor Activities in North Lake Tahoe by Season
1. SUPLake Tahoe boasts 191-square-miles of crystal-clear water. In the summer months, you can find locals and visitors alike enjoying some fun in the sun! From soaking up some rays on the shore to paddling to hidden alcoves, thereâs no shortage of outdoor adventures at the beaches of North Lake Tahoe. Kings Beach is a favorite spot among locals for watersports. Here, you can rent a kayak or paddleboard to explore natural hot springs, boulder fields, tucked-away coves, and more!
2. HikingIf you prefer dry land to water, then youâll love the hiking trails in North Lake Tahoe. From lakeside trails to waterfall hikes, the possibilities are endless! Here are some of our favorite hiking trails on the North Shore:
- Tahoe Rim Trail
- Shirley Canyon
- Eagle Lake
- Eagle Rock Hiking Trail
3. BikingNorth Lake Tahoe is 22 miles long and 12 miles wide, making it difficult to explore all the beautiful views in one trip. Biking in North Lake Tahoe is a great way to see more of our area in a shorter period. You can even rent electric bikes in Lake Tahoe!
4. SkiingSkiing is one of the most popular outdoor activities in North Lake Tahoe. You can find several world-class ski resorts in our area, including Palisades Tahoe, Homewood Mountain Resort, Mt. Rose, and Northstar. For a challenge, check out the backcountry skiing in North Lake Tahoe. So, be sure to add layers to your Northern California packing list and get ready to hit the slopes!
5. SnowmobilingSnowmobiling is another great way to experience winter on the slopes! Consider renting a snowmobile to explore the backcountry of North Lake Tahoe with the following tour companies:
Book a Rental Home with Tahoe Moon Properties[q4vr-properties pids]Stay near the best outdoor activities in North Lake Tahoe with Tahoe Moon Properties. We offer an exclusive selection of rental homes in the most highly sought-after North Lake Tahoe communities. From lakefront properties in Kings Beach to mountainside estates in Tahoe City, itâs easy to find a rental near your favorite outdoor activities in Lake Tahoe!
Browse a complete catalog of our North Lake Tahoe vacation rentals to start planning your next adventure!