North Lake Tahoe boasts storybook views of crystal clear waters, soft, white sand beaches, towering trees, and a mountainous backdrop. Our area also has mild summers, with temperatures peaking in the low 80s. Summer activities in North Lake Tahoe include visiting the beach, golfing, and live music. North Lake Tahoe welcomes visitors to explore the region as the locals do! Weâve got your summertime itinerary items outlined below. For further recommendations on what to do in our area year-round, request our free Vacation Guide. No matter what you enjoy, the Lake Tahoe area has something for every type of traveler.
Your Guide to North Lake Tahoe
Try These Summer Activities in North Lake Tahoe During Your Getaway
1. Explore the Waters of Lake Tahoe Visiting North Lake Tahoe beaches is a must-do on your summertime getaway. Each area of North Lake Tahoe has diverse beaches. Want to bring your dog and perfect his game of fetch? Thereâs a beach for that. Oh, and we have a variety of dog-friendly homes for you to choose from as well! Want to lay out a towel on the shores of Lake Tahoe and relax to the sounds of nature? Weâve got you covered there, too. Be sure to visit some of our areaâs most diverse beaches on the west shore! For some the beach means relaxation, for others, itâs synonymous with water sports. If youâre an adventurer looking to conquer the waters of Lake Tahoe, check out Tahoe Adventure Company. With their equipment and experienced guides, you can explore the region via kayak, paddleboard, or sailboat!
2. Perfect Your Swing at Lake Tahoeâs Golf Courses Enjoy our mild summertime temperatures with a game of golf. Our areaâs meticulously-maintained golf courses host a friendly competition between you and your travel partners! While it isnât the beach, youâre never hard-pressed to find an amazing view in our area. You can gaze out at the wonder of Lake Tahoe as you golf! A game of 18 holes is the perfect way to catch up with friends and family, and show off your skills, during your summertime getaway. Here are three of our favorite area golf courses to choose from during your trip:
- Resort at Squaw Creek Golf Course
- Tahoe City Golf Course
- Traveling with the family? Try Kingâs Beach Mini Golf!
3. Enjoy Live Music at BluesdaysOutdoor live music is a popular summertime attraction in North Lake Tahoe. For 10 years, Palisades Tahoe Bluesdays has brought free blues jams to locals and visitors alike. Enjoy these outdoor live music performances every Tuesday from June 11 through September 3 at the Village at Palisades Tahoe. You can expect a fantastic lineup for its tenth anniversary season!Another live music option is Truckee Thursdays. This music series offers a more diverse schedule of performers and other activities. 11 Thursdays out of the summer, downtown Truckee turns into a full-fledged street fair. You can browse local vendorâs craft, enjoy bites from food trucks, beer, and excellent live music!
Stay with Tahoe Moon Properties[q4vr-properties pids]Start planning your temper-weathered getaway today! These summer activities in North Lake Tahoe are the perfect items to fill your itinerary. Tahoe Moon Properties offers a wide variety of home rental options for any type of summertime getaway. Whether youâre traveling with the kids or hosting a small reunion, you can count on us for the best selection of rentals in North Lake Tahoe.Browse our full inventory of comfortable North Lake Tahoe rentals and book your getaway today! We canât wait to host you.