*Tahoe is a beautiful and fun place to visit, but occasionally this area can be affected by extreme weather events. While we never want things like icy roads, road closures, or smoke from wildfires to negatively impact our guests, it can happen. We ask travelers to plan their vacation appropriately for the rural mountain climate and encourage guests to research all travel insurance options, as Tahoe Moon Properties cannot provide refunds for things outside of our control.
Dog-Friendly - Walke to Beach, Restaurants, & Shops - Less Than 10 Miles to Ski Slopes
Classic, quintessential little mountain cabin located in the residential neighborhood of historic Tahoe City. This cottage has been remodeled and modernized and dog friendly. Just 2 blocks off Main Street, you are a leisurely stroll to shops, restaurants, ski area shuttle stops, the marina, museums and the outlet dam at the headwaters of the Truckee River. In summer enjoy swimming, sunning, kayaking, free live music, and movies, or a picnic at the Commons Beach Lakeside Park.
There is a queen bed and twin trundle providing accommodations for a maximum of 4. The kitchen is well equipped, the dining table will seat 4 and the living room has a gas fireplace on thermostat, flat screen TV and comfy furniture for all. The full bath offers a tub/shower. This little gem is perfect for a couple or a family with small children.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no washer/dryer. A laundromat is just 1/2 mile away. There is no air conditioning.
Bedroom 1 - Queen
Bedroom 2 - 2 Singles (trundle)
Bathroom - 1 full with tub/shower
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
• This is a dog-friendly house but in order to bring a dog, you must pay a $70 dog fee per dog, 2 dog maximum. If you bring a dog without paying the dog fee, you will be subject to a fine much greater than the pet fee.
• Approximately 692 Square Feet.
• Additional Fees include cleaning fee, administration fee, and local Transient Occupancy Tax.
• Important, this property does not have air conditioning. Air conditioners are extremely unusual in North Lake Tahoe
• Check-out is at 10 am.
• Like all of our homes, this property is VERY firmly non-smoking anywhere on the property lines.
On March 11th, 2022, the county of Placer implemented a new Short Term Rental Ordinance which is very important for guests to abide by. Fines range from $1,500- 5,000 and can be issued to guests who are not in compliance. A full list of rules is attached as a photo in this listing. Some Highlights include:
•Quiet hours are from 9 pm to 8 am. No noise shall be heard across property lines. No outdoor speakers or amplified sound are to be used at any time.
•Dogs must be leashed at all times when outside of a property and all pet waste needs to be picked up.
•Parking is limited to the following number of spaces: 1
POLICIES & DISCLOSURES
1. 2021 Update: Due to Extreme Fire Danger – The use of ANY outdoor firepit or fireplace is strictly prohibited at any of our rental properties. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work to keep our community safe from wildfires.
2. As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and quiet hours (9 pm - 8 am) are strictly enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be provided for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
3. By local laws we have to charge a 12% occupancy tax (10% TOT tax + 2% TBID tax) with every booking. TBID is placed on lodging, retail, restaurant, and recreation businesses in North Lake Tahoe to raise money for visitor services, business support and advocacy, economic development, tourism mitigation, and transportation services.
Jillian Schott CA BRE #01800205
Placer County Transient Occupancy Tax #11494
Placer County STR Permit Number STR21-11494
- 2 Bedrooms
- AirBnB Rounding Adjustment
- Available for month long rentals
- Dog Friendly
- North Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe City
- Walk to Town
- Walk to Lake
Strong Wifi, great management company (we had an issue with a beeping sound when we arrived. The management company ce by immediately and fixed issue). Loved the ability to walk to the lake and restaurants, but located on quiet street. Would definitely stay here again
My husband, brother and his wife all stayed here for two days with our two dogs (Golden & Great Pyr). Easy place to take the dogs. Clean and simple house, great location, walking distance to grocery store, restaurants.
I stayed here for 6 nights with my two dogs. The cabin had great access to town for meals and jogging on the lake path. Also, the internet service was great for remote work. The neighborhood was super quiet as well. Would definitely stay again.
If you are looking for glitz and glam, keep scrolling. It was a perfect place for three brothers to get together for a ski trip. There is a grocery store in easy walking distance. Great location to ski Alpine and Palisades. Homewood is also pretty close if you're after fabulous views while skiing.
This cabin is a short drive from Alpine Meadows and Palisades.
We loved this place and will return! Ran/hiked some great trails including the TRT walking right from the front door. Easy walk down to food and the lake too!
Very clean and walking distance to lake!
Great service and more affordable than AirBnB! TMP was very responsive and friendly on emails and on the phone. The location was incredible! Also appreciated the floor plan - worked great for our one year old.
Incredible location!! Perfect little cabin for two. We loved it here and will definitely be back!! You could walk to anything in Tahoe City and the neighborhood was clean, safe and quiet!
Perfect location walking distance to all of Tahoe city!! Clean and welcoming little cottage. This was the perfect place for us and the pup for the weekend. Would highly recommend staying here :)
“We had a great stay at the little green cottage in Tahoe City! The place was very clean and had all the comforts of home we needed to feel welcome. We enjoyed being able to walk to the heart of Tahoe City within minutes. The best part was curling up by the fireplace at the end of the day to wind down and relax.”
“Cottage is exactly as described! Very cute and cozy. The location was great and walking distance (if not in winter) to all shops and restaurants in Tahoe City.”
Want to know specifics? Ask anything about this specific property that you would like to know...
Example: "Is the balcony screened in?" or "Is there a toaster oven?"